[Freeswitch-users] Event socket: api vs. bgapi

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Thu May 15 16:58:35 PDT 2008

Question:

Are there compelling reasons *not* to use api for simple commands like
"show channels" or "oz list"?  Since api is blocking and bgapi is
non-blocking I just wondered if there are recommendations for when to
use each one.  I can definitely see why you'd use bgapi for an
"originate" command.  I didn't see anything on the wiki that discussed
when to use api vs. bgapi so I'll be happy to write up a blurb on the
recommended use of each one.

Thanks,

MC