[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch using iLBC codec with inphonex

Jonathan Palley jpalley at idapted.com
Thu May 8 22:57:08 PDT 2008

We ran into some problems similar (though not exactly).  The payload
number of iLBC falls into the "dynamic payload" range.  The number to
use is not a standard. Most endpoints do not totally correctly
implement dynamic payloads (FS, Asterisk and many clients included).
Not an expert in this but the problem is probably this:

iLBC is often used with either payload number 102 or 97.  Asterisk
uses 97.  FS uses 102.  Clients like X-Lite don't care.  Others do.

Look at the SDP to see what's happening.

JP