[Freeswitch-users] Can't follow Getting Started Guide SIP profile instructions

Erland Lewin erland at lewin.nu
Wed Mar 26 08:14:37 PDT 2008

Hello,

I just built Freeswitch from SVN, and am looking at the wiki Getting Started
guide documentation:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Getting_Started_Guide#Default_FreeSWITCH_Config_explained.21

Some things are unclear to me:

"The sofia.conf.xml file includes other xml files to define multiple
"profiles""

Looking at the "sofia.conf.xml" file generated by the default install, I see
no inclusion of other xml files.

"The default profiles are located in:
$PREFIX/conf/sip_profiles/PROFILE_NAME.xml -- where PROFILE_NAME is the name
of the profile."

No sip_profiles directory was generated when I installed FreeSwitch, am I
expected to create this myself, and add configuration file lines to include
these files from sofia.conf.xml? sofia.conf.xml doesn't seem to reference a
sip_profiles directory?

I'm new to FreeSwitch, but it seems like the documentation and the default
config files don't agree completely, which makes it hard for a noob to get
this sorted out.

Thanks for any help!

/Erland