[Freeswitch-users] Incoming call audio problem

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 08:37:46 PDT 2008

Hi Brian,

With respect, it's not; it's sending a multipart message, of which the
SDP (to which it assigns a

RFC3261 says that multipart bodies are OK *if* the receiving end has
said that it'll accept
them (I've appended the relevant bit); clearly there's a problem here if
you're generating the
first message, as you don't know what the receiving end will accept.

The Cisco sends a multipart body, gets a 415 back with "Accept:
application/sdp", and then
resends the INVITE with just the SDP as the body.  That all looks pretty
reasonable.
FreeSWITCH then repeats the 415 message - presumably it's expecting it
to be ACKed
in the same way as a 407, but the Cisco's not doing so.

Cheers --

Dave

7.4.1 Message Body Type

   The Internet media type of the message body MUST be given by the
   Content-Type header field.  If the body has undergone any encoding
   such as compression, then this MUST be indicated by the Content-
   Encoding header field; otherwise, Content-Encoding MUST be omitted.
   If applicable, the character set of the message body is indicated as
   part of the Content-Type header-field value.

   The "multipart" MIME type defined in RFC 2046 [11] MAY be used within
   the body of the message.  Implementations that send requests
   containing multipart message bodies MUST send a session description
   as a non-multipart message body if the remote implementation requests
   this through an Accept header field that does not contain multipart.

   SIP messages MAY contain binary bodies or body parts. When no
   explicit charset parameter is provided by the sender, media subtypes
   of the "text" type are defined to have a default charset value of
   "UTF-8".

> The cisco is sending the SDP as multipart/mixed which is retarded.
>  This isn't supported by FreeSWITCH.
>
> /b
>
> On Mar 13, 2008, at 9:53 AM, Josip Djuricic wrote:
>
>> I can tell you that FS is returning 415 errors, not AS.
>>
>> When sofia is inviting everything is well, but when as sends request
>> then the fun starts
>>
>> Brian West wrote:
>>> I can tell you this isn't the problem ... Sofia enables ip6 by default
>>> on linux.  The AS5300 will spew out 415 errors like crazy.
>>>
>>> /b

David Knell, Director, 3C Limited
T: 020 8114 8901  F: 020 3002 7257  M: 001 415 630 3031
http://www.3c.co.uk