[Freeswitch-users] IAX2 DTMF -> SIP RTP not reliable

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 06:20:38 PDT 2008

Just to warn you we do not use mod_iax all that much.  It was used as a tool to test the core of FreeSWITCH in the early stages of development and we just kinda left it hanging around since it does at least work.  We had to add a bunch of code to the stock iaxclient lib to make it threadsafe etc because the lib is designed to handle 1 or 2 calls and we are using it in a b2bua type env where hundreds of concurrent calls may be possible.  That said, since we more or less forked the code to avoid generating support issues for the other soft-phones that use iaxclient, you may want to check if there were any bugs in the real version of the library that match your issue.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/iaxclient

We've had little to no demand for IAX2 so we have not focused very much on it. We do have strategies for creating a more robust and perhaps even an "improved" implementation of the IAX2 protocol. Alas, it's pretty much purely an academic exercise because there is little reason to implement it.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm