[Freeswitch-users] Need info on pre_answer app

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Wed Mar 5 12:01:20 PST 2008

pre_answer is equivalent to a sip 183 with sdp.  It establishes media
(early media) but does not answer.  You can use this for example to
send an in-band error message to the caller before disconnecting them
(pre_answer, playback, reject with a cause code of xxxx).  That being
said, most apps that require media (like playback) should do a
pre_answer for you.  If you are having an issue with a piece of
equipment taking a long time to setup a media path, you could do
pre_answer, then sleep in the dial plan.

Mike