[Freeswitch-users] Sphinx integration

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Mon Jun 30 07:15:09 PDT 2008

The issue with Sphinx is its not re-entrant so you can't use it in a
threaded environment such as FreeSWITCH.  But it does support 8k you
just have to know it very well and have the acoustical model for use
over the telephone. I think the CMU Communicator provides a great 8k
model to start with.  The integration method in that case is a bit
sucky but it does work.  We did it with Asterisk back in the day with
res_perl which was rather neat.

/b