[Freeswitch-users] config / scripting questions from voice mail integration attempt

John Wehle john at feith.com
Thu Jun 26 15:33:57 PDT 2008

> you can make a variable that is the entire data portion of the voicemail
> call
>
> <action application="javascript" data="vm.js"/>
> <action application="voicemail" data="${vm_data}"/>
>
> then in vm.js set vm_data var to the entire args to the voicemail app
>
> in this setup you can assume the js will set the var and then the vm_data
> will be expanded in time.

Perhaps I should have supplied a different example.  Sometimes the
inband DTMF says the caller is checking their messages, sometimes the
caller is leaving a message, sometimes the PBX just wants the message
waiting lights to be refreshed, sometimes the PBX is logging a voicemail
port which didn't respond, etc.

I.e. the set of applications which need to be invoke varies based on the
DTMF ... it sounds like the best way to handle these types of issues is
to use session.execute in javascript and pay the price of leaving the
javascript interpeter running.  I don't see a way of just setting variables
and handling the rest in the dialplan since I can't use conditionals in
the dialplan after the application to parse the DTMF has been called.

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john at feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |