[Freeswitch-users] FS and TDM

Anton anton.vazir at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 03:05:24 PDT 2008

Michael,
Thanks for reply.

Yes, I do use SANGOMA TDM cards in my systems - have several
types of their TDM and analogue hardware (A200,
A102,A104,A108,108D)

Right now my most capable system runs latest asterisk with
20 ports TDM, SS7 and PRI (chan_ss7), though call volume is
not too big, and it's almost obvious that asterisk won't be
able to carry the full capacity of 20 ports in the single
system. Possibly having fresswitch outperforming
asterisk "by factor of 10" - is the solution which would be
able to carry the necessary capacity. Unfortunatelly with
no ss7 support I can't really use freeswitch - but maybe
PRI will work. Just some doubts that someone in the
mail-list noted that PRI support is also not so good yet
too and might not be ready for production.

Any thoughts of asking makers ("dicea" currently and
possible "sifira" too) of chan_ss7 to release their channel
under compatible license too? SS7 becoming the preferable
protocol for telco connectivity more and more and in my
country I even can connect to a telco only via SS7.

Sincerely,
Anton.