[Freeswitch-users] Key System Emulation

Matt Darnell mattdarnell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 13:52:54 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 5:32 AM, Brian Snipes <bsnipes at snipes.org> wrote:
> At least for Snom phones that is possible ( and used daily with FS at my
> office ).  In the sample dialplan is a setting for Snom's Park+Orbit button
> option.  If you set the same Park+Orbit # on a button on all the phones you
> can push the button when in a call, the call is parked and the light on that
> phone and all the others with the same setting start blinking.  Any of the
> phones can push the blinking button and pick up the call.

Brian,

I  have set up some Snom phones and programmed one button on each for
type 'park orbit' & number '5900'.  I have more buttons with type
'park orbit' & the number 5901, 5902 etc.  I see that 5901 is
explicitly mentioned in the config as the unpark code, so orbit 1, 2,
3, etc might not be correct.  It might be FIFO of the parked calls.

If a call comes to a phone and I press the 5900 button, all the 5900
buttons will flash, but if I press the flashing button the light goes
out but nothing else.  I can dial 5901 to get the call or set up a
button as a speed dial to 5901 to get the call but I am trying to
emulate the functionality that you describe.  Caller presses the park
button, the light next to park 1 blinks, caller gets another call and
presses park again, the light next to park 2 lights, etc.  Press any
flashing light to get the call.

Can you give me any more tips of how you got it working?  It doesn't
look like I need to uncomment anything in the config file.

Thanks!

-Matt