[Freeswitch-users] Outbound calls to external domain

Sandeep Ammaladinna sammaladinna at velankani.com
Mon Jun 23 03:36:08 PDT 2008

Hi all,

  Is it a mandatory requirement that for all outbound calls to an
external domain (domains that freeswitch is not responsible for), an
entry in the dial plan is required.
 To be more precise, is it a pre condition that the name of the external
domain need to be know before making a call. If YES, then I feel it is a
bad design, because each time a user wants to call a user from different
external domain a new entry in dial plan is required. If the answer is
NO, please tell me what is the configuration required apart from DNS
records, to be there at the freeswitch.

Thanks and Regards,
-Sandeep A