[Freeswitch-users] Calls to external domains (outside home domain)

Sandeep Ammaladinna sammaladinna at velankani.com
Sun Jun 22 23:52:10 PDT 2008

Hi all,

   I am very new to Freeswitch and facing couple of issues related to
making outbound calls to external domains. Below is a detailed
explanation about the scenario I am trying and my setup.

1)       I have freeswitch installed and running. I have configured a
domain within freeswitch by the name "freeswitch.com".
2)       I have registered couple of users' user1 at freeswitch.com and
user2 at freeswitch.com .
3)       Calls are going fine between user1 and user2.

Now I have an external proxy. I am using "OPENSBC" as an external proxy.

1)       OpenSBC is running and I have a domain within opensbc by the
name "opensbc.com".
2)       I have a user registered as user3 at opensbc.com.

Now the problem is, when I make a call from user1 at freeswitch.com to
user3 at opensbc.com , the call is not getting placed. DNS server is
running and corresponding NAPTR, SRV and A record are also configured.
My assumption is if we want to make calls within "freeswitch.com"
domain, we require dial plan to be configured for routing purpose. But
if we are making calls outside "freeswitch.com" (basically calls to
domains for which freeswitch is not responsible for) transparently DNS
will be called and call has to establish. My assumption here is we need
not configure any xml files at freeswitch. If I am wrong please tell me
where I am wrong and what I need to do in order to establish a call
between user1 at freeswitch.com and user3 at opensbc.com .

Thanks and Regards,
-Sandeep A