[Freeswitch-users] Non Blocking Teletone (Background Audio)

Klaus Teller klaus.teller at gmx.net
Sun Jun 22 19:49:16 PDT 2008

Hi Folks,

I was was wondering if it's possible to play a teletone in a non-blocking way.

What I want to achieve is following:

1) Party A calls to my FS box,
2) A Javascript script picks up the call
3) The script generates a teletone to party A.
4) Then the script starts some processing while A is on hold listening for the teletone (or any other audio?)
5) The script dials some other party B
6) Party B picks up
7) Script stops the teletone being played to A
8) Script bridges A and B.

As far as I could experiment with teletone.generate, the execution of the script is paused when the teletone is played to the near end (Party A).

I would love if you could help me with this.

Thanks,
Klaus L'Imbecile.