[Freeswitch-users] FS benchmark test

Santiago Gimenez Ocano sxntixgo at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 15:27:59 PDT 2008

We have
been doing tests in order to establish benchmarks. This is the scenario:

SIPp -------> FreeSWITCH -----
> Destination

SIPp:

SIPp is
using the uac scenario with a delay of 15000ms.

     INVITE ---------->

100 <----------

            180
<----------

183 <----------

200 <----------  E-RTD1

            ACK
---------->

            Pause
[    15.0s]

            BYE
---------->

            200
<----------

FreeSWITCH:

We have
used two different servers:

FS1: Virtualized

            Processor:
Xeon @ 3.00GHz

            OS:
Debian

Kernel version: 2.6.18-6-686

FS version: 1.0

Preemption: disabled

            FS2: Not virtualized

                        Processor: Intel Dual
Core @ 3GHz

                        OS: Fedora Linux 9

                        Kernel version: 2.6

                        FS version: 1.0

Preemption: enabled

Both
servers are running in no console mode and with ulimits, as http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Performance_testing_and_configurations
and  http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Long_term_testing_chevymanjosh
mention.

Also, both
servers are using the same dialplan which access to a database via Java Script.
This database receives a query with the destination number and respond with a
list of destination IP. Then the calls is bridged.

The
results:

In FS1 we
have had a load average of  4.00, retransmission
and errors with 7 attempts per second and 100 sessions aprox.

In FS2 we
have had a load average of  4.00, retransmission
and errors with 13 attempts per second and 200 sessions aprox..

Conclusion:

We are
worried about this behavior and think about this figures are quite low in comparison
to other experiences that we have seen in Wiki (1000+ calls and 50 attemps/sec)
or articles.

JS is not
the problem, we are getting the same results using a simple dialplan.

<include>