[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH in latin america countries

J. Javier Maestro freeswitch-devel at nosys.es
Sun Jun 8 11:01:48 PDT 2008

On Jun Sun 08 2008 12:11, John Skopis (Lists) wrote:

> example:
> skopii: que estas me hombres
> bot: [skopii] where are my homies
> bkw: skopii: right here
>
> then the bot would translate bkw's response and pm it to me

Wow!! Stop right there please! :)

Where are my homies? --> Dónde están mis colegas/amigos? (España)

And because slang words are frequently used in IRC, things like 'homies' is
most surely translated in a completely different way in every
spanish-speaking country within latin america... so I really can't see the
point on automatic translation. It's horrible! There is not enough A.I. in
the software to do it correctly, so it is very doomed right from the
begining.

It is a nice idea, but an impossible one :-/

My 2 cents!

--
J. Javier Maestro  <jjmaestro at nosys.es>
Socio Consultor   -    Nosys AJjV S.L.