[Freeswitch-users] trixswitch 0.4

Albano Daniele Salvatore - Personale d.albano at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 01:21:27 PDT 2008

This is sure, it should be a lot faster but a programming language would
give a lot of flexibility.

Personally i'd like a lot .net/mono (i'm not a microsoft fun but .net,
in the lastest releases, is a good thing) because you can really use any
language you want (python => ironpython, ruby => ironruby, java => ikvm,
php => phalanger, perl => perlnet and so on) on what so you want (look
at mono, in this case System.Windows.Forms isin't necessary)

Naturally nothing works at 100%, but with little modifications you can
avoid problems so instead to study another language you can use one
existent that has some additions so if you want you can use .net stuff
too and it's is sufficently fast (look at language shootout, it's, on
mono, is only slower 2.6x times than c++ tests compiled with intel
compiler ... but .net on windows is faster)

Naturally these tests are only indicatives, because there are a lot of
stuff that come in play, but let to get an overwiew of the situation.

Some time ago i started to take a look to mod_mono, but i was full of
work so i didn't started to work on it

In this way you can from the webpanel ,written in every language you
like, update the database and, using mod_mono, builds configuration
files really fastly removing the overhead of a request to a webserver
(process spawn, if max clients has been hit, interpter start and so on)

Would be wonderful if trixswitch will not use xml_curl to build xml
files but generates it internally using an application written in lua or
javascript  (javascript is slow, but probably is faster than: xml
request build, http request built, http request exceution, possible
webserver processes spawn, initialization of the server side language,
execution of the requested page and so on)