[Freeswitch-users] inconsistent Event XML (Event PLAIN working fine)

UV uv at talknet.com.au
Tue Jun 3 22:09:58 PDT 2008

We've been having various problems intercepting events using the
Event_Socket mod where we found different events to be missing from time to
time. This included events concerning call-control (CHANNEL_CREATE,
CHANNEL_ANSWER, CHANNEL_HANGUP and CHANNEL_DESTROY) which were out biggest
problem as we're trying to build a call-control engine on top of the FS.

We later found this problem was restricted to events in XML format (i.e.
event xml all) while PLAIN events (i.e. event plain all) seem to be working
fine.

To reproduce this it requires loading the FS to some extent, however we
found a easily reproducible scenario in which you can see the difference:
1. Start a call to the conference room 3011
2. Wait until the call in answered and all prompts resumed
3. Initiate two event_socket interfaces (such as telnet/ssh to 8021)
4. Register on one for EVENT XML ALL
5. Register on the other EVENT PLAIN ALL
7. Hang up the call (and send NOEVENTS)

This will reproduce a noticeable difference of at least 4 missing events in
the XML events interface: CODEC, CHANNEL_EXECUTE_COMPLETE, PRESENCE_IN and
most important CHANNEL_DESTROY

I've posted both results on PB:
Working PLAIN events: http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/4560
Inconsistent XML events: http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/4561

BTW, it's FreeSwitch Version 1.0.0 (8697) running on a Windows XP machine.

Any ideas? Suggestions?