[Freeswitch-users] FS webapi vs api question

Michael S Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Jul 31 21:16:42 PDT 2008

Could someone please confirm this behavior and comment on whether it
is expected or not?

Using the api or webapi from mod_xml_rpc, one can fetch CLI commands.
Some commands seem to work well using either method and others do not.
Try these two commands and tell me what you see:
http://fs.ip:8080/webapi/sofia?profile internal
http://fs.ip:8080/api/sofia?profile internal

Normally the webapi wraps the return data or adds a content type
header to make it browser friendly. The api just dumps the data raw.
However there are cases where api returns partial or no data. Another
example is the command oz?list. It works fine with webapi but returns
nothing with api.

If you know the scoop on this could you please enlighten me?

Thanks!

-MC

Sent from my iPhone