[Freeswitch-users] FS hanging up call with reason UNKNOWN after 10 seconds

Jonathan Towne jontow at hijacked.us
Thu Jul 31 16:13:20 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 03:13:45PM -0500, Cesar Cepeda scribbled:
# Jonahtan,
#
# I'm using an AudioCodes Gateway.  I changed the parameter you mention and
# indeed the problem went away!
#
# Thanks a lot! :)
#
# What I don't understand is why the GW doesn't detects a broken connection
# the first time the consumer enters the fifo?
#
# Cesar Cepeda.

Seems to me, its just FS trying to be efficient about what it puts on the wire;
the AudioCodes is trying to be stringent about broken connections; it just fails
to deal with the comfort noise generation packets.. there may be more settings
that would be valid here; but its 10 seconds of continuous silence from the
remote end (ie. no RTP received for 10s).

I'm not actually using FIFO btw, this is happening to me in legitimate calls
whenever i stop talking for a duration.

I've been meaning to backup my config, flatten the AudioCodes to defaults and then
document the setup on the wiki; I just haven't had time.  Maybe after ClueCon.

-- Jonathan Towne