[Freeswitch-users] FS hanging up call with reason UNKNOWN after 10 seconds

Jonathan Towne jontow at hijacked.us
Thu Jul 31 12:41:50 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 05:33:15PM -0500, Cesar Cepeda scribbled:
# Hi,

[snip]

# .         After exactly 10 seconds the consumer channel is hung up by FS
# with reason UNKNOWN.

[snip]

# It would seem that the problem is that sofia detects that I'm not sending
# any audio and hangs up.

Cesar,

Just for reference: I read your mail after having randomly had a similar issue.
In my case; any call I made to/received from the PSTN was dropping randomly.

My path is:

 [PSTN]<-(PRI)->[Audiocodes Mediant 1000]<-(SIP)->[FreeSWITCH]<-(SIP)->[Phone]

It was hanging up with reason UNKNOWN (CS_EXCHANGE_MEDIA) and it turns out the
magical 10 seconds came into play:  The audiocodes gateway had a setting labelled
"Disconnect on broken connection", I disabled it and the problem went away.

I wonder if your phone(s) have one of these settings?

-- Jonathan Towne