[Freeswitch-users] Memory Leaks

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Wed Jul 30 07:26:22 PDT 2008

On Jul 30, 2008, at 8:33 AM, Sangwoo Jin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I I'm testing freeswitch with sipp.
> My test configuration is the following:
> Sipp(caller) -> freeswitch -> Sipp(callee)s
> Testing loads are 5 CPS ~ 30 CPS and caller has hanged up a call as
> soon as
> receiving 200 OK.
>
> In this testing environment, freeswitch's used memory is growing
> continuously.
>
> The following is the valgrind's log on testing with 5 CPS 100 calls.

<snip>

> Is this problem's cause configuration mistake or freeswitch's bug?
>
> Sangwoo Jin

You will need to compare the valgrind output from about 100 calls to
about 1000 calls to see which are actually larger.  Also, please make
sure you are using current svn trunk.  Most of the items in that list
appear to be things that we allocate at startup and never bother to
free as they are free when the application stops.  Those items are
supposed to be allocated for the entire life of the switch.  If you
have reports that are definitely more please report this to our bug
tracker at http://jira.freeswitch.org with exact details how you are
testing including how you are initiating the call and your dialplan.

Mike