[Freeswitch-users] Openzap errors

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 06:37:55 PDT 2008

As long as you don't configure zt spans in openzap.conf that error is
really harmless and don't affect mod_openzap loading and the
configuration process for other types of spans (Pika or Wanpipe).

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 8:38 AM, Hilda Farrad <geninbox at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are trying to use two Sangoma cards (Analog: A200, E1/T1: A104) with
> Wanpipe for Freeswitch. We have wanpipe version 3.3.10 and freeswitch 1.0.1
> We are running Ubuntu 8.04. We followed the installation and configuration
> according to the Sangoma wiki as well as the openzap freeswitch wiki without
> the zaptel installation because during chat we were told we didn't need it,
> however when we run freeswitch we get these errors:
>
> 2008-07-28 16:04:44 [ERR] zap_zt.c:721 zt_init() Cannot open control device
> 2008-07-28 16:04:44 [ERR] zap_io.c:2134 zap_global_init() Error initilizing
> zt.
>
> Please let me know what can be done to fix this issue.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the
death your right to say it." Voltaire