[Freeswitch-users] using freeswitch for high volume call traffic

Ashutosh ashutosh.kumars at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 12:47:56 PDT 2008

Hi brothers,
  Now that Freeswitch is there, the only problem remains is of choosing the
right language to use with it, as i hold the view, that you can get the best
from FS only by using the best and efficient call control language .

I am not sure about the following. Please clarify.

-For all call control languages (CCL) like js, lua, perl, python, do many
calls coming in spawn one instance of the script (a.k.a static class), or
each call spawns its own instance of script?
-if the answer to above is yes, then is there CCL among lua,perl,python,
which has the ability to spawn a single instance, and open and create child
threads at will, for all incoming calls ? This is of concern since its
essentially bad to have an excellent softswitch, and an inefficent and
memory-hogging script working with it.
-If there is indeed a CCL to do the above, am i right in saying that the
combination of this particular language with FS will yield the highest
number of CPS on any given box, (with and without transcoding), compared to
other CCLs.

Though personally, my choice is of using mod_perl for the above reason
because of its "daemonized" nature, but if lua offers the same, i m willing
to spend few nights learning lua as well.

Please shed light someone.

Thanks for all you do!
-Ashutosh