[Freeswitch-users] Documentation questions

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Wed Jul 23 15:19:36 PDT 2008

Guys,

I was just looking over the source directory an I noticed that the
common files for an open source project may need some serious attention:

AUTHORS

INSTALL

NEWS

README

I'm sure that the COPYING file is just fine.

NEWS and README are completely empty.  Should we maybe just put
references in them that point to interesting spots on the freeswitch.org
site?  Does anyone have suggestions for content in these files? Should
we delete them altogether?

INSTALL basically just says to do the "./config && make && make install"
shuffle.  Is that adequate or should we possibly add a link to the GSG
on the wiki?

AUTHORS looks pretty good except that maybe BKW should be moved up under
MikeJ and referenced as the tester/QA/etc. person for FS.  Also, for
those who have contributed in the past but who are not current
contributors should we have a separate section that says something like,
"We'd like to thank the past contributors for their efforts:" and then
list guys like Bret McDanel and Josh Culp?  Last question - could those
in the know look to see if there are any glaringly obvious omissions?

As far as OpenZAP goes I will work on these same files and come up with
the requisite additions.  (I think I'm unofficially the official OZ
documentation guy.)

Please give us your $0.02 so we can act accordingly.

Thanks,

MC