[Freeswitch-users] outbound calling

Boris Krivonog boris.krivonog at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 11:14:53 PDT 2008

Hi all!

I'm new to FreeSwitch and have a newby question: what is the best/preferred
way to create a new call from some external application?

For example: I have an application A (i.e. stand alone Java application)
which will invoke a RMI/web service or whatever service which should reside
within FreeSwitch and will, when called, create a new call leg, play an
audio message to this call leg, ...

I'm currently browsing some samples on how to write a Java application that
resides within FreeSwitch using mod_java. Is this the right way to do it?
The problem is that I want to create a call leg from scratch and not to
handle an incoming call and do something with it; all samples only process
an incoming call...

Thanks in advance,
 Boris