[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH uses old IP address

Ivan C Myrvold ivan at myrvold.org
Tue Jul 22 04:17:41 PDT 2008

I have a NAT problem with my FreeSWITCH which shows up only when my
public address have changed AFTER I have started FreeSWITCH.
I don't know if this is a small bug in FreeSWITCH, therefore I want to
get your opinion before I post a Jira ticket:

I have an incoming SIP call from a registered SIP provider
This trace is after I have forced my router to get a new public address.
My routers old public address is 85.165.194.100
My routers new public address is 85.165.204.52
http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/4927

This trace is after I have restarted FreeSWITCH:
My routers public address is still 85.165.204.52
http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/4928

The first trace is normal up to line 69, when FreeSWITCH is sending
the old IP address in the Contact field.
The same in lines 96, 98, 102 and 111, where the old IP address are
used in the Via field, Contact field and Remote-Party-ID
etc.

FreeSWITCH is using the new IP address in the To field in all messages.

Why is FreeSWITCH using both the old and new IP address?

Ivan