[Freeswitch-users] how to start xml-rpc

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Thu Jul 17 15:29:10 PDT 2008

Hello,

I have the standard Ubuntu installation for Hardy and freeswitch mostly
works fine so far.

Now I test the xmlrpc functionality in order to try the new Telegraph
project which is based on freeswitch now (
http://code.google.com/p/telegraph
<http://code.google.com/p/telegraph/wiki/GettingStarted>/).

Firstly I tried the ruby code snipped on the freeswitch website. I tried
with the external IP, with 127.0.0.1 and localhost, no chance.
Finally, with nmap I found out that actually no process is listening at
port 8080
althoung in       /opt/freeswitch/conf/autoload_configs/xml_rpc.conf.xml
      this port is defined.

What must I do in order to start xmlrpc for freeswitch?

Best regards
Peter