[Freeswitch-users] slow hangup detection using FXO into voicemail application

John Wehle john at feith.com
Wed Jul 16 15:21:40 PDT 2008

> Some FXO devices do not get the hangup signal immediately from the telco.

Actually I've done further digging / debugging and it turns out that the
FXO device * is * getting the hangup signal immediately from the PBX ...
the problem is FreeSWITCH apparently doesn't know how to handle it.

It is * shocking * that FreeSWITCH can't handle the basic System 25 PBX  :-)
hangup signal of ##99 DTMF.

Unfortunately that's the only disconnect supervision type supported by the
System 25 on vmail lines.

Any suggestions on the best place / way to hack FreeSWITCH so that the
voicemail application is notified of the hangup when ##99 is received on
the line?

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john at feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |