[Freeswitch-users] SIP performance tweaking

Patrick Grondin pgrondin at ip5.com
Wed Jul 16 07:13:41 PDT 2008

Just a follow up on the new results I got while testing.

I had to do a couple of tests to figure if my problem was related to my code or the problem anthm figured out.

After a couple of tests, I can say that my problem was mostly related to the way my dialplan was made. The extensions I had added to my dialplan where at the very end of the default dialplan, so for every call I made to these extensions, it had to go through the whole default dialplan which slowed down things.

After putting my test extensions at the top of the file, I can gracefully achieve 30 CPS and I can see that I'm CPU bound to get more performance.