[Freeswitch-users] send_dtmf problems

John Wehle john at feith.com
Tue Jul 15 01:29:12 PDT 2008

> Try a sleep after the answer.

Will do ... just curious as to why and for how long?

>> 1) When I dial the extension from a Grandstream GXP-2000 ...
>> How do I configure FreeSWITCH to send both RTP digits and inband audio?
> The VoIP phone has no reason to reproduce any DTMF.

I understand that the VoIP phone has no reason to create DTMF tones from
the RTP digits sent by FreeSWITCH.  What I was asking is how to you
configure FreeSWITCH to generate inband DTMF tones in addition to
the RTP digits.

I.e. this particular phone can be configured to send DTMF digits to
FreeSWITCH as any combination of inband audio, RTP digits, and / or
SIP info.   Going in the opposite direction I see where in the FreeSWITCH
sofia xml configuration type you can set the dtmf-type as either rfc2833
or as SIP info however I don't see an option for using both nor do I see
an option for generating inband DTMF audio.

Note: I was just using send_dtmf with the VoIP phone for testing purposes
... this application doesn't actually need to send DTMF to a VoIP phone.

>> 2) When I dial the extension from a FXO port on a Sangoma A204D it connects,
> Is this using OpenZAP?

Yes.  In my particular application the System 25 PBX connects to FreeSWITCH
using OpenZAP running on a Sangoma A204DX card.  At the end of a call sent
to voicemail I need FreeSWITCH to send some DTMF tones to the PBX in order
to turn on / off the message waiting indicator.

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john at feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |