[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH and NAT problem

Diego Viola diego.viola at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 17:52:53 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm running FreeSWITCH on a server that has no NAT in between... the
server is on Slicehost (slicehost.com), a VPS.

I'm trying to register my softphone (Zoiper and X-Lite) from my
computer, my computer is behind a router (NAT). So the scenario is the
following:

Softphone (Zoiper or X-Lite) -> router (NAT) -> INTERNET -> FS server
(no nat -- public ip address).

The problem is that I can't make it register, sometimes it will
register and sometimes it wont, this problem is randomly.

This is what I have in vars.xml:

  <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="domain=maitei.com.py"/>

I'm not sure if this has something to be with STUN or NAT, it works
fine with Asterisk... in Asterisk I have nat=yes in my SIP user
(sip.conf), is there a equivalent of nat=yes in FS that I can use for
my user?

Thanks,

Diego