[Freeswitch-users] Configuration

Arthur pylinuxian at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 04:30:27 PDT 2008

I would really like to see someone proficient in FreeSWITCH write a "good"
and "simple to follow"  step y step guide for new users, with sample config
files etc ... ofcourse there is a lot of good help in the wiki but spread
all over the wiki and sometimes goes into deep details and thus makes it
hard to follow by new poeple.
Maybe someone could start a howto series for FreeSWITCH ? that would be
wonderful.

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 7:43 PM, Jair Santos <jairds at shaw.ca> wrote:

>  Thank you Brian,
>
> I'll try to explain in more details .
>
> what I want is to be able to provide Voip services using termination from
> another provider. The providers usually give you a sip proxy like
> sip.example.com and a username /password.
>
> I would like to create users/password in my own system and use FS to route
> the calls to the provider. I understand that I'll have to use
> authorization/authentication trough a software like freeradius for example,
> which AFAIK can be integrated with FS.
>
> To start I have an inphonex account that requires registration and would
> like to test it with FS.
>
> Based on what you said I'll have to setup the gateway in sofia.xml, is that
> right ?
>
> I just found this page http://www.wikipbx.org/wikipbx?cat=home which looks
> like a GUI tool to configure FS but there are only screenshots there.
>
> regards
>
> Jair Santos

"He who asks a question may be a fool for a few minutes. He who does not ask
may be a fool forever"