[Freeswitch-users] Snom Contacts and FreeSWITCH Interop

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Tue Jan 22 18:41:48 PST 2008

Does anyone have a way to contact a real person at Snom to get some
feedback on these bugs?

I have four bugs one of which they have actually confirmed
(Ticket#2007123010000023) and said will be fixed but I have three more
that I have reported but haven't received any response on so  I re-
reported them today... they were previously in the respond on
Ticket#2007123010000023 but its been a while since I received anything:

Ticket#2008012310000047

RFC 2833 doesn't work when SRTP is enabled.  (Works great on Polycom)

Ticket#2008012310000038

SDP bug related to RTP/SAVP vs RTP/AVP in sdp and not accepting SAVP
when you should for SRTP. (Polycom works great on this one too offers
RTP/SAVP and RTP/AVP)

Ticket#2008012310000029

Phone lies about its true port number in registration and subscription
when using TLS.  Will say one thing when it really means another.
(Again polycom does this correctly)

Example the phone registers to FreeSWITCH using TLS you get this in
the contact <sip:1000 at 10.0.1.241:2048;transport=tls;line=uwohhel1>

<839>:netstat -na | grep 10.0.1.241
tcp        0      0 10.0.1.250:5061
10.0.1.241:2051             ESTABLISHED

Notice they aren't the same port?  This will never work and requires
many hacks to make this work correctly and we shouldn't have too, it
should correctly report its port on register and subscribe.

I would like to get these issues resolved in the next firmware
release.  If someone from Snom can call me.. I'm in Central Time (CST)
my cellphone is listed at the bottom of this email.

Thanks,

Brian West

FreeSWITCH.org

918-424-9278