[Freeswitch-users] Video

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 20 10:46:01 PST 2008

There is a mod_h26x in tree that provides a passthru codec
for h261 h263 and h264.

The only thing we have implemented so far with video is the
"echo" application that will also echo video in a separate thread.

The core code for that can be found in switch_ivr_async.c at
about line 63 and above.

The next goal was probably to add another thread to bridged calls
to pass video back and forth the same way the audio is done.

>From there we needed a strategy on how to read and write video files.
Asterisk uses 2 difft files but i would prefer to be able to read/write
a standard multi-media format like mp4 etc.

I think a core abstraction like we did for audio files may be unnecessary
and it would probably be better to make a loadable module that implements
functions to read and write the video files via the application interface.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm