[Freeswitch-users] Configuration

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Tue Jan 8 03:41:32 PST 2008

Below is a more detailed description of the problem:

On Jan 8, 2008, at 5:13 AM, freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org wrote:

> Hello
>
> I still got problems with the configuration, since the new layout
> was added.
>
> Today I've updated to latest trunk (config files too) and I've
> configured the system.
>
> I've only done the following changes:
> 1. I've set domain=mydomain.com in vars.xml
> 2. I've renamed sip_profiles/default to mydomain.com and nat to
> nat_mydomain.com
> 3. I've enabled mod_xml_curl and configured it to fetch dial plans
> 4. I've commented out mod_dialplan_asterisk and mod_iax
> 5. I've added my extensions to directory\default (copied brian's
> config and made appropriate changes)
>
> My sip gateway do not use authentication (and I therefore just use " number at mygateway.com
> " in the dialplan for external calls).
> The phones register by using mydomain.com as proxy/registrar (not by
> using an ip).
>
> The UA's can register fine and external outbound calls works gr8.
>
> Current problems:
>
> * I only get audio one way when dialing from one registered UA to
> another, check attached log internal_call.log

Chances are mydomain.com is your public IP right? and I suspect NAT is
involved?  If so then you need to setup a profile for Natted phones
behind the same nat.  One profile for phones outside the nat to
register with FreeSWITCH ... and the public one listed below.

> * Inbound external calls do not work, i get [407][Proxy
> Authentication Required], check log external_call.log

This is why you need to start another profile to accept calls from the
outside world with authentication turned off.  That would fix that
problem.

I honestly like having multiple UA's it solves many problems.

/b