[Freeswitch-users] DTMF Events not available on Event Socket (Outbound)?

Bill Binko bill.binko at mapshine.com
Fri Jan 4 17:04:51 PST 2008

I've been trying to implement a basic IVR that interacts with our
database using PHP.  With some help on IRC, I've created an Event Socket
interface for PHP.  It is rudimentary at this point, and not ready for
prime-time, but it is working -- FreeSwitch connects to my process when
a call comes in, sends the basic context info, and I can issue calls.

After a call to "event plain ALL", I start receiving events.  Mainly
HEARTBEAT events, with a few others thrown in.

What I'm NOT seeing is any DTMF events.  Now, I know that the DTMF codes
are recognized by other parts of FreeSwitch, such as the IVR, and I've
ensure that my SIP client is sending them in-audio, SIP INFO and
RFC2833.  However, I'm not getting anything when I connect and press
buttons.

I have some other issues with the Event Socket, that I'd love to get
through, but without the DTMF, most of the applications we're working on
won't go very far.

Is there anything I have to do to be able to get these Events to show up?

Thanks
Bill

PS: I've attached the EventSocketListener PHP class.  You can run it
from the command line and it will listen on port 9090 -- obviously, it's
not clean nor done, but it is working