[Freeswitch-users] Spidermonkey ODBC

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 06:08:08 PST 2008

Many databases break silently or the connection drops
without any way to know for sure w/o trying to use it.

I choose to ensure in the core that the data is connected.
executing "select 1" is a small price to pay to make sure
that the database is connected considering the importance
of persistent connectivity in the sip, jingle and call
limit databases as well as the javascript that rely on it.

All of those applications to make the safe
assumption that the core will keep the db connected and
to change that would be drastic behavior change and
destabilize the code on the eve of our release.

Therefore i guess we should focus on better heuristics
to detect firebird, preferably based on the driver name
and not by doing a 2nd sql stmt every time.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm