[Freeswitch-users] Spidermonkey ODBC

David Revill davidrevill at datarun.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 14:37:28 PST 2008

Unfortunately, there isn't a universal ansi sql stmt that will do it as the only statements which can be guaranteed to follow the ansi standard are the simple select, update and delete statements which rely on knowing some table name .

I think we are trying to solve a problem which need not exist. The Javascript application should handle the idle timeout. It should close the connection if it will not be using it for a while, and,if it needs to, can do what db_is_up is attempting to do in the application code. Testing for connection before every query seems an unneccessary overhead.