[Freeswitch-users] Spidermonkey ODBC

Jonas Gauffin jonas.gauffin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 04:18:29 PST 2008

I''ve only tested it with firebird on windows. As you said, your driver name
doesnt match any of the names I used to detect if it's firebird.

The problem is that most databases supports "SELECT 1" as a query. It will
always be successful if the the connection is up. However, firebird did not
support "SELECT 1" and therefore i did query the system database instead.

If the firebird check fails, it will try to invoke "SELECT 1", and on
firebird that query will fail. And the failure is interpreted as the
connection is down, and therefore it tries to reconnect.

That's probably why you get that error. If you have any other idea on how I
can detect if it's a firebird db, please let me know and i'll fix the odbc
code.