[Freeswitch-users] Register Interval

peder at networkoblivion.com peder at networkoblivion.com
Tue Dec 30 05:37:07 PST 2008

What do most people use as a register interval for phones?  On *, we
always used 5 minutes and then had qualify setup, so we could keep track
of the phones on a per minute basis as it "pinged" them every minute.
FS doesn't do this to phones unless they are NAT'd, so if the reg is 5,
we don't get any update for 5 minutes.  I like the idea of checking my
phones every minute so that I know if there is a problem right away when
someone calls with an issue, rather than having to wait up to 5 minutes
to see if it is still alive.

Are most people using a small interval like 60 seconds?  Or do they set
it longer and just assume the phones are still alive in between
registrations?

Peder