[Freeswitch-users] Setting up port audio for incoming/outgoing calls

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Thu Dec 25 16:12:21 PST 2008

Thanks are due to Brian for his help with this.

Now, how do I set up my configuration for outgoing calls so that, when I make
a call from the portaudio module, the caller_id_number and caller_id_name will
be stored in the database as the extension I want, rather than as 0000000000,
FreeSWITCH?

I've tried setting origination_caller_id_name, origination_caller_id_number,
caller_id_name and caller_id_number in the dial plan, but obviously it enters
the database before these changes take effect.

Thanks to FreeSWITCH developers and other community members for your patience
and helpfulness with these inquiries, and feel free to delay your replies
until after the holidays if desired.