[Freeswitch-users] Performance testing: FS and own App?

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 23 01:31:00 PST 2008

if i do the same test with the 9998, it does not to seem much better:

20.0(4000 ms)/1.000s   5061      68.25 s         1174  xx.xx.xx.xx:5060(UDP)

  0 new calls during 1.008 s period      9 ms scheduler resolution
  710 calls (limit 1000)                 Peak was 782 calls, after 58 s
  0 Running, 710 Paused, 0 Woken up
  0 out-of-call msg (discarded)
  1 open sockets
  595580 Total echo RTP pckts 1st stream 2809.336 last period RTP rate (kB/s)
  0 Total echo RTP pckts 2nd stream      0.000 last period RTP rate (kB/s)

                                 Messages  Retrans   Timeout   Unexpected-Msg
      INVITE ---------->         1174      0         0
         100 <----------         1174      0                   0
         180 <----------         0         0                   0
         183 <----------         0         0                   0
         200 <----------  E-RTD1 480       0                   0
         ACK ---------->         480       0
       Pause [      0ms]         480                           0
         BYE ---------->         464       0         0
         200 <----------         464       0                   0

what settings could i review to get more out of the server?

our setup is a new xeon quad core, 4 gb ram and ubuntu 64-bit. we also
entered the ulimit lines and set "manage-presence" to false.

thanks
dennis