[Freeswitch-users] group call with BLF and pickup

Seweryn Niemiec ser at man.szczecin.pl
Mon Dec 22 12:14:26 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> The default config demo's this.. its using the db app to store the
 > UUID and the intercept app to pickup the call.

OK, first things first, can I monitor 5555 with BLF? Because if not,
then we get to the same point like in Asterisk, where I do:
- redirect 5555 to 1555 on upper tier (PSTN)
- "terminate" 5555 on the phone with 1001 extension
- group dial 5555 and 1002-1004 with delay when 1555 is called
Now 5555 can be monitored with BLF.

The second thing (important only when using above trick) is: when there
is a call to 1555 and phone 5555 is ringing, can I pick it up by **5555?

Because if not, then again we get to the same problem like in Asterisk. In
Asterisk when rings the phone with 5555 extension you have to pickup
1555 not 5555. So on BLF you monitor 5555 but to pickup you dial **1555.
This is quite stupid, users can't have two buttons to service one
extension (one for BLF and one for pickup). To get it working
transparently for endusers on Asterisk I had to hack and slash
1555 and **XXXX extensions (ugly global variables involved).

--
Best regards
Seweryn Niemiec