[Freeswitch-users] SIP Headers and use of "" in the header

rod kawarod at laposte.net
Mon Dec 22 07:55:03 PST 2008

Dear All,

I've been playing with the freeswitch options for one month now, and
I've been able to use it with kamailio working as a registrar.

What I'd like to do is to add a diversion header using the following
action in the dialplan:
    <action application="export"
data="sip_h_Diversion=<123456789 at 10.10.10.254>;reason="unconditional""/>

Please note, that I'd like to put the word "unconditional" between
quotes, this is to comply with the SIP gateway to which I'm sending trafic.

But I've been unable to set an escape character to use theses quotes,
cause as you may understand, without escape character FS will consider
this instruction instead:

<action application="export"
data="sip_h_Diversion=<123456789 at 10.10.10.254>;reason="

cause the quote after reason= is considered as a closing quote for data=".

Is there a way to achieve this.

Thanks.
rod