[Freeswitch-users] close channels properly

Carole O. carole.olivier at enst.fr
Mon Dec 22 05:35:44 PST 2008

Hello,

I use the following code to call VoIP speakers and make an announcement:
<extension name="security_announcement">
       <condition field="destination_number" expression="^9001$">
       <action application="set"
data="conference_auto_outcall_caller_id_name=security_announcement"/>
       <action application="set"
data="conference_auto_outcall_id_number=9001"/>
       <action application="set" data="conference_auto_outcall_timeout=60"/>
       <action application="set" data="conference_auto_outcall_flags=mute"/>
       <action application="set"
data="conference_auto_outcall_announce=announcement/announcement_security_delay.wav"/>
       <action application="conference_set_auto_outcall"
data="user/1021@$${domain}"/>
       <action application="conference_set_auto_outcall"
data="user/1022@$${domain}"/>
       <action application="conference"
data="conf_speaker at profilespeaker_announcement"/>
       </condition>
     </extension>

1021 and 1022 are the speakers.
At the end of the announcement, since there is no noise anymore, the
speakers stop listening but they do not send any messages to tell Freeswitch
it can close the opened channels. The channels are closed only after a
timeout of 5 minutes.

Does anybody know how I could force freeswitch to close all the channels
after the announcement? I have seen there is the application sched_hangup
but when I used it it only closes the channel to the caller and not the
other ones.

Thanks a lot for your help and Happy Holidays!
Carole