[Freeswitch-users] dynamic conference

Raymond Chandler intralanman at freeswitch.org
Thu Dec 18 11:05:06 PST 2008

Carole O. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your answers!
> Concerning the creation of a new variable for the conference the problem is
> that I do not create channels from the conference. I call separately a new
> member on a new channel and add it on the conference only if he agrees to
> enter it. So it was the same problem as for the uuid, I am not sure I can
> access the good variable from anywhere in case many conferences are running.

you could use the db app to hold state across multiple calls... maybe
use the ${caller_id_number} and the ${destination_number} as keys for
the insert/select so that there's something constant to use in the
select... and another extension or two may be needed...

You could do the db lookup before you make the call so that you see if
your caller is already a member of a conference.... if he is, then the
transfer from *1 would work much the same as it does now except you'd
use the result of the db lookup as the conference number... if he's not
a member of an existing conference, then you could generate the uuid
like Anthony said before, then do a db insert for ${caller_id_number}
and ${destination_number} to insert that newly created uuid and use it
as the conference number.... one caveat that i see here is that the
destination_number would have to be exactly the same as if that user
were callling and it was his caller_id_number, otherwise your query will
fail.

you'll also need to "clean" the db when you hangup, which should be able
to be accomplished with an execute_on_hangup that does a delete of the
conf data for each user

-Ray