[Freeswitch-users] Crackling noise when bypassing media between endpoints.

Chris c_cav_01 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 10:14:56 PST 2008

I'm no expert, but I believe in media bypass mode freeswitch isn't handling media so it's not a fs fix, it would be the quality of connection for each of the originator/terminator, fs just directs each endpoint to set's up a point to point connection for RTP.

Is this right?

mszlazak at aol.com wrote: When using bypass_media (aka. no_media) mode between an X-lite softphone and Prophacy ASR, I get intermittent "crackiling" background noise with the audio that I'm hearing.
 How do I get rid of this?