[Freeswitch-users] Redirecting a call from one FS to another FS?

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 18 08:36:32 PST 2008

i would like to know, what the best way is, to redirect an incoming
call from one fs (fs1) to another fs (fs2).

we use 3 freeswitch servers and the carrier passes calls to the three
fs servers randomly. if on fs server is not offline, the carrier sends
the call to the next fs.
this is generally good, but for conferencing it not so good.

i am using socket outbound and need to do this for conferencing. let's
say, we have a conference going on on fs1. another person wants to
enter this conference, but the call is passed to fs2. on fs2 we see,
that the caller wants to enter the conference going on on fs1.

now we have to redirect the call from fs2 to fs1. is this done with
"redirect" and some according settings/params or are there other ways
to do this? we would like to do this without our carrier doing
something, to be a little more independant.

thanks
dennis