[Freeswitch-users] Call sip phones from gtalk / jabber

Kirk Bateman kirk.bateman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 01:45:54 PST 2008

Brian,

That wasn't exactly what I meant :)

I have had Freeswitch connecting to GTalk directly as a client and that was
where I was getting the issues with sending anything to other domains.

I haven't actually tried the server profile with my own ejabberd server.
What I was planning to do was have a separate ejabberd bot which is the
control interface which then sends bits to the freeswitch connected "bot" /
user so I can sanitise anything before it gets to freeswitch, as I have
found the freeswitch jabber stuff to segfault every now and then (that said
I haven't updated in about a month or so). Just haven't had enough time to
actually look into what was causing the segfaults.

I did get the gtalk to sip bits working though, had a few codec issues but
gtalk to freeswitch worked fine, unfortunately my slightly more complicated
gtalk to freeswitch to asterisk to SPA941 has some codec bits to work out, I
think its to do with asterisk PCMU being different ? I know I had something
similar when trying to use the same setup with gizmo (which I fixed by
forcing G729 from SPA941 -> asterisk -> freeswitch.

Cheers

Kirk