[Freeswitch-users] dynamic conference

Rupa Schomaker (lists) freeswitch-users at lists.rupa.com
Wed Dec 17 07:18:31 PST 2008

On 12/17/2008 8:24 AM, Carole O. wrote:
> It would be unique you are right but I am not sure I can get its value if A
> puts the call on hold, calls C and wants to add it to the conference whose
> name dependent of the uuid of another session.
> I think if I use ${uuid} to add C I will have the uuid of the session
> between A and C and not A and B no?
> And I really have to configure this from the dialplan so statically.
>
> Am I wrong somewhere??
>
> Carole

Ah, yeah.  uuid would not be the same when initiating a new call that
you then transfer to the conference call.  You need something that is
intrinsic to the endpoint.

I did a quick info dump to an originated call.  Depending on your
use-case (are these calls originating from registered handsets, trunked
from a sip provider, etc) you might want to rely on the variable
"sip_contact_uri" which is a combination of registered user name and ip
(and port if port isn't 5060).  This should be unique per endpoint.